Thursday, April 9, 2009

I forgot...

The whole point of my earlier post was to FINALLY put up my very first pattern. I know, it is actually pretty simple, but its a cute pic of Pips, and even though it is pretty simple, it IS my first pattern...its even on ravelry! (or it will be once I link it up!)


Without further ago, Ladies, and Junglemen (as Miss M says....LOL) I now present to you......insert trupets blaring........


Top Down Baby Mittens!


Here is the actual pattern, I am hoping to figure out how to link to a pdf for easier printing, but for now you can copy and paste.
These sweet little mitts will keep a little one from scratching delicate skin, and will also keep tiny fingers toasty in the winter. Use up your leftover sock yarns, and get mitts that match your socks!

Gauge: 8 sts, 10.5 rows per inch
Needles: 2.75 mm, 32” circular for magic loop, or dpns, as you prefer

Using the figure eight cast on, CO 14 sts.

Knit one round.

Knit into the front and back (Kfb) of every stitch. (28 sts)

Knit two rounds even.

K1, Kfb. Repeat to the end of the round (42 sts).

Knit even until work measures 2 ¾ inches from CO.

K1, K2tog. Repeat to the end of the round (28 sts)

Work K1 P1 ribbing until the ribbing measures 1 ½ inches.
Bind off all stitches, weave in ends.

Put them on a cute baby and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment